Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Winter Prep | Car Emergency Kit...

1:50 pm - 49 degrees - drizzling...

When my siblings and I started driving, our parents made sure we all had emergency kits in our cars, and we have all continued with that habit. Now that our kids are at that stage in their lives, we make sure they also have emergency kits.

Really everyone should have some basic emergency kit in their car - they come in very handy when on road trips and even in daily life.  Anything is better than nothing, and it's always good to be prepared.

Now that fall is here, we're starting to do our winter prep because snow is right around the corner... which for us means winter storms, and possibly getting stuck in the snow until we can get dug out. So I'm checking what I have stored in my SUV and restocking as needed.


Love that my Telluride has this storage compartment where I can keep everything out of the way and organized. 


The black bag is for random tools and misc. items - zip ties, fire starter, knife, matches, compass, mirror, handwarmers, duct tape, etc.


The red bag is for first aid related items - band aides, gloves, tweezers, gauze, pain killers, etc.

Between the back to chairs, I have a basket full of snacks, that gets regularly refilled. (Please excuse the dirty car - we live the mountains, and it is impossible to keep a clean car!)

Here's a list of what I have in my car...

Acetaminophen (Tylenol), Benadryl, Ibuprophen (Advil)

Bottled water

Car Safety Tool

Emergency Mylar Blanket

First Aid bag

Hand Warmers

Hand sanitizer

Hats, gloves, warm socks 

LifeStraw Water Filter

Nylon Rope

Outdoor Edge Knife Set

Snacks

Storage Bag

Portable Solar Wireless Charger

Rechargeable Flashlight 

Rechargeable LED Emergency Road Flares

Roadside Assistance Emergency Kit

Wipes

Zip ties