Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Triple Yolk Chicken Egg…

35 degrees - 8:56 am - blue sky and burrrr, baby it's cold outside...

Remember my post ‘Weekend Update’ where one of our chickens laid a HUGE egg?  Well this morning Jack wanted to make some brownies.  The recipe calls for two eggs, so I figured I would use that HUGE egg, guessing it was a double yolk.  Wow!  To my surprise I just cracked open the first triple yolk egg that I’ve ever seen in my entire life!  (I hope it doesn't make my brownies turn out funny.)

Yes, that's right - all three of those yolks came out of that one huge chicken egg!

We are new to raising chickens so I didn’t even know chickens laid triple yolk eggs!  What a great surprise!

{Update - Oct. 27}
Our double/triple yolk layer is one of the Welsummer girls - Hazel, Mabel, Nutmeg or Penny.  Now we just have to figure out which one...?