Friday, October 19, 2012

Taco Ring...

50 degrees - 4:46 pm - foggy and drizzling...

My family loves this recipe.  The original recipe comes from The Pampered Chef Busy Mom’s Cookbook that I bought at one of the gazillion Pampered Chef parties that I attended in my early 20s.  However, I will admit that I do love my round pizza stone.

I think you will find that this will become a favorite of yours (it’s soooo easy) and of your family’s (because it’s so darn delicious).
 
 
~Taco Ring~
2 pkgs. Crescent rolls
1 pkg. taco seasoning
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 ½ lbs lean hamburger
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 chopped tomato

Preheat oven to 375°F.  Fry hamburger and onions separately.  Add taco seasoning to hamburger according to directions.  Mix hamburger, onion, cheese and tomato together.  Place crescent rolls on pizza stone.  Triangle point of crescent rolls should be facing out.  Place hamburger mixture on crescent rolls and fold crescent roll over meat and tuck under.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with salsa or sour cream.  If you want to make it look really impressive, take a green bell pepper and cut off the top, scoop out the insides, and place in the center of the taco ring.  Fill it will salsa and surround it with sour cream.

Enjoy!