Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Is Coming...

55 degrees - 4:07pm - light rain...

The nights are getting colder, the mornings are getting darker, the wind is starting to howl and the rain has returned.  As the weather starts to change, I am getting excited that fall is fast approaching.

As much as I love the lazy summer months (even though our summers seem to be very busy and very short), I have to admit that I am happy fall is here.  Yes, I enjoy all the Northwest rain, listening to it hit the metal roof while I am inside all warm and cozy and I love the occasional thunderstorms.  I love the crispness in the air, the brilliant colors of the changing leaves, and the fall scent outside.  I love it all!

a small glimps of the rainbow of colors here on the mountain

Today while I have been all warm and cozy inside cleaning and getting organized for fall...Tony has been outside getting wet and dirty working on the drain field and firewood. 
 
Tony's working on the drain field while his dad and Jack supervise.


What can I say, we’re behind in firewood this year.  Normally by now we would have already had anywhere between eight to ten cords of firewood cut, split and stacked – that gets us through the cold months, which is about 10 months of the year.  Currently we only have enough firewood for about three months, and it’s not even stacked yet.  Guess I’ll be stacking firewood this week while the kids are in school.
 
Tony and his dad have been cutting, splitting and hauling firewood for the
past several hours - they did just under two cords today.