Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Welcoming Fall With Pumpkin Cheesecake...

8:11 pm - 51 degrees - raining...

I don’t have a favorite season; I really love them all, but for different reasons.  Spring is a time of new life; Summer is full of warm days playing outside; Fall brings brilliant colors; and Winter is a white magical wonderland.  I think what I enjoy the most is the changing of seasons.  I enjoy each one, yet cannot wait for the next one to begin.

Fall deserves the full attention that leaving summer behind grants it.  Mother Nature is decorating the forest in shades of red, orange, gold and amber as a backdrop from every angle.  As much as I love the summer months, I have to admit that I am happy fall is here.  It’s a time for scarves, boots, apple cider, pumpkin spice everything, rich hearty food, the beginning of football, brand new school supplies and that crunching sound when you walk through the fallen leaves.  Yes, I even enjoy all the Northwest rain, I love the sound it makes when it hits our metal roof and I live for the occasional thunderstorm.  Yep, I love it all!

With the cooler mornings and crisp afternoons now upon us, it is time to welcome Fall with open arms and there is no better way to do that then with one of my fall favorites – Pumpkin Cheesecake!
 

~Pumpkin Cheesecake~
 
Crust:
1 ½ cups graham crumbs
5 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 Tablespoon sugar
 
Filling:
3- 8 ounce pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice
whipped cream

{Note: this recipe can be made into a large cheesecake using an 8” springform pan or 12 mini cheesecakes using a mini cheesecake pan.}

Mix crust ingredients together, just till coated and crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 2/3 up the sides of the pan. Bake for 5 min. at 350 degrees. Set aside.

Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth.  Add pumpkin, eggs, and spices, beat till smooth and creamy.  Pour filling into prepared crust(s).

Bake mini cheesecakes for 20 minutes (bake a large 8” cheesecake for 60 minutes).  Remove from oven and cool for about 15 minutes.  Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.  After it has thoroughly chilled, remove from pan.  Top with freshly whipped cream and serve!

~Enjoy!