Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Miserable Week...

9:53 am - 32 degrees - 1+ inch of new snow and still snowing...

It’s been a looong miserable week.  We’ve all been sick with a horrible bug that just won’t go away (I’ll spare you all the gory details)!  Tony missed work all last week, and the kids missed almost a whole week of school.  The kids were both well enough to go to school on Friday, but that day brought a different kind of misery.

Friday morning driving down the mountain to pick Jack up from preschool, I noticed my rig was making strange noises when I tried to turn right.  Then it started pulling really hard to the left and didn’t want to turn right.  I made it to school but when I parked there was a horrible smell and smoke.  It turns out that I broke the front driver side strut.  That is one of the main components of the front suspension – without it the weight of the vehicle would collapse down onto the tire.  Tony was amazed that there wasn’t more damage.  So Jack and I spent the day running errands with my dad, while Tony spent the day running around trying to find parts and get my rig up and running again.

 
I’m glad that week is over!