Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Simple Trip To Town...

32 degrees - 10:48 am - between 18-20 inches of very wet snow and it’s still snowing...

...isn’t so simple.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - I don’t like driving in the snow!  Well maybe I would if it wasn’t on a one lane curvy mountain road (that’s skirting the edge of the mountain in numerous areas) with a 100+ foot drop off most of the way.  Which let me tell you can be extremely nerve wracking when you’re rig goes sliding towards that drop-off.  You can see from previous posted pictures {click here} that there isn’t a guard rail or anything to stop the rig from going over.  So maybe I would like driving in the snow if it was flat, and I knew that I wouldn’t be going over a cliff.

Besides the nerve wracking drive itself, there is always the very real possibility of getting stuck.  So when there’s snow on the ground, before I ever head out, I always make sure that I have a snow shovel, tire chains, extra food, blankets, snow shoes, and snow gear for everyone in the car.  It’s always better to be safe than sorry.  Since we were both coming home late last night, Tony and I even waited for each other before heading up the mountain just to make sure that we both got home okay. 

So as you can see, a simple trip to town usually isn’t so simple in the winter time.  That’s why we’re all staying home today... well at least Caitlyn and I are.  Tony and Jack hopped into the tractor to go blow some snow.  While Tony was putting the chains on the tractor, I was roaming around taking pictures...




Tony's putting the tire chains on the tractor.



Caitlyn and Tabby

And the boys are off to go blow some snow.