Wednesday, May 16, 2012

EEEEeeeeWWWW...

50 degrees - 10:12 pm – clear...

This morning our six-year old daughter walked out of her bedroom still sleepy eyed, and wanted to know what that bump behind her ear was.  To my utter disgust (yes, it even made me instantly nauseous) it was a tick, just sucking away my little girl’s life blood with its ugly little face.

Caitlyn wanted me to take a picture so she could see what a tick was.
Even though this is only a picture - it still grosses me out!

Tony was already at work, so I wasn’t able to run to him for help (which is what I normally do in these kinds of situations).  I have never tried to get a tick out before, so I looked on YouTube to see how it was done.  Even after watching that disgusting video, I still failed to get the little nasty guy out.  So off to the doctor’s office we went.

Almost two hours later (most of that time spent driving to town and waiting in the doctor’s office), some very sharp tweezers, some serious digging by the doctor with a fat needle, a few tears shed, and the tick’s head was finally out.

So after all of that, we needed a little cheering up... there is nothing better than Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie for a good pick-me up, so off to the store we went.  No, it didn’t matter that it was only 10 am, we still got our ice cream.