Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Life Is Funny Sometimes…

43 degrees - 10:00 am - blue sky and the wind is howling...

I was thinking about our life on the mountain and how funny life is sometimes.

When Tony and I had only been dating for about 8 months, we went for a drive in the mountains.  We had found a perfect place to stop for a picnic near some rocks that just looked like they needed to be climbed, which of course I had to go and test out.  It’s funny looking back on it now, as I was standing on the top of that rock I never would have guessed that I was staring at the backside of our future property.


Back then I thought I was starting to get everything planned out, and homesteading it off-grid was not in those plans.  I am glad those plans changed, because we love it out here! 

It is nice to slow down, relax, and let things be.  To enjoy the moment while it’s transpiring.  We’ve learned to love the cloudy days and rainy days as much as the bright sunny days.  Each day is unique and necessary, for everything that's around us, which is constantly in flux while it plays out the cycle of life.  Life is beautiful!