Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BLT Bites...

59 degrees - 8:30 pm - foggy...

My parents have an abundance of Cherry Tomatoes growing in their garden and this morning I went over and helped myself to some.


One of my favorite things to make with Cherry Tomatoes is BLT Bites.  These are always a big hit, pretty easy to make and are oh so delicious, with lots of flavor packed into a little bite.  People are always asking for the recipe so I thought I would share it with you.


~ BLT Bites ~

19-20 Cherry Tomatoes
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped Green Onions
3 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbsp snipped Fresh Parsley

Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top, then scoop out and discard the pulp.  Invert tomatoes over a paper towel to drain.  In a small bowl, combine the bacon, mayonnaise, onions, cheese and parsley and mix well.  Spoon the mixture into the tomatoes. Chill and serve.

--- Enjoy!