Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Evening Post…

68 degrees - 8:07 pm - it is finally starting to cool off...

A small glimpse into our lives as we live off-grid… sort of like eves dropping.  It may be a thought, quote or a conversation; funny, sweet or sad; but it will always be true.  We will see if it resonates with you…


3-year-old son: (as we’re driving home) “Mom!  Dad drove me down that road yesterday and took me to see the tooter!”
Me:  “The what?”
3-year-old son:  “The tooter!  Dad let me have a ride on it.  It was really fun!”
Me:  “Do you mean the yarder?  The yarder is the logging machine that pulls the trees up the mountain and makes a toot toot sound”
3-year-old son:  (very seriously)  “Mom.  Dad said that we can call it a tooter.”
Me:  “Ooooh, okay.”
3-year-old son:  “Dad drove me down that road yesterday and took me to see the tooter!  Daddy pulled me up on the tooter, and I got to ride it and it was a lot of fun!  I also got to ride the workers excavator.  That’s all.”
Me:  “So Daddy took you to see the loggers working and let you sit and ride in some of their equipment?”
3-year-old son:  (very seriously)  “Mom.  That is what I just said!  When will Santa be here?”
Me:  “Santa will be here in a little over four months.  Why?”
3-year-old son:  “Because I want to ask Santa for a tooter and excavator!”
Me:  (laughs)  “Oh Jack, I love you!”
3-year-old son:  (smiles)  “I love you too Mom!”