Sunday, June 24, 2012

Saturday Evening Post…

58 degrees - 8:08pm - blue sky with scattered clouds...

A small glimpse into our lives as we live off-grid… sort of like eves dropping.  It may be a thought, quote or a conversation; funny, sweet or sad; but it will always be true.  We will see if it resonates with you…


Hubby:  (9:23 am) “When you’re done, come outside and I’ll let you use the weedeater.”
Me:  “You’re actually going to let me use it?!  I’ll be right out!”
Hubby:  “This is how it works... ... ...”  (goes on to explain how to use a weedeater)
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
Me:  “Babe!  It died, I think it’s out of gas.”
Hubby:  “Use this gas can... ... ...”  (shows me where the gas can is and how to refill it)
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
Me:  “Babe!  The string is all gone.  Can you put more on for me?”
Hubby:  “You pop this cover off... ... ...”  (shows me how to resting the weedeater)
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
(quick lunch break)
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
Me:  (4:50 pm)  “Babe.  My arms are done.  I cannot weedeat any more.”
Hubby:  “Then stop.  Don’t want to use up all your weedeater fun in one day.”
Me:  “My hands and arms feel funny.  They feel like...”
Hubby:  “...their ringing?”
Me:  “Yeah.  I’ve been at it all day, and it doesn’t even look like I’ve done very much.”
Hubby:  “It’s not the fastest thing out there.  It’s looking good though.  Another full day and you should be all done.”
Me:  “Hmmmm...”