Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kids Outdoor Play Space...

48 degrees - 8:02 pm - cloudy...

Our kids spend a lot of their time outside (when weather permits) and we currently don’t have any kind of designated play space outside for them.  So when Jack decided that he was going to use his digger to dig holes in the backyard (which we are getting ready to seed) and then in the flower beds (where I am building stone retaining walls) I decided that they do need their own space that is just for them.  Now all I need to do is come up with a creative play space that will suit both a 3 year old boy and a 6 ½ year old girl. 

Okay, dream a bit with me here... I am wanting something that offers both safety and more flexible playing options that both kids will enjoy.  I am thinking tunnels, slides, wooden huts, ladders, swings... something where they can climb on and around, maybe a private area where they can play games, read and watch nature... something that can entertain a group of kids for hours... is all of this possible or is it just a dream?

Here are a few photos that are inspiring the kids play space {that have been kid approved of course}...