Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Making My Own Chicken Coop Sign…

46 degrees outside - 7:12 pm - rain has finally stopped, the sun and blue sky are peaking through the white fluffy clouds...

Every chicken coop needs a sign, so I am going to make one.  I have a design in mind and have already found some weathered and warped boards that resemble old barn wood.


I painted one board white and the other board black.  Then I created my design/layout that I was wanting in MS Publisher and printed it out.  Next I cut everything out and traced it onto the painted boards.  Then all I had to do was paint in between the lines.  The whole project only took me a couple of hours and I am very happy with how they turned out!  The only thing I have left to do now is put a final coat of polyurethane on.



Now if I only had a chicken coop to hang them on…  We are waiting for the ground to dry out a bit before we start building.  Can’t wait!!!