Monday, April 18, 2011

Wildlife on the Mountain…

36 degrees outside - 10:12 am - sunshine and blue sky are peaking thru the white cloud covered sky...

What a great morning on the mountain.  I love waking up in a room filled with sunshine and the sound of birds singing, it’s always a great start to the day. 

After getting the kids up, dressed and fed, off to school we went.  Since I would have to drive 20 minutes to the nearest school bus stop, I just go ahead and drive that plus the extra 8 minutes to school everyday.  On our way to school we saw 8 elk and 3 deer.  We see deer all the time, in our yard, along the road, everywhere, but seeing the elk is a rare treat.  Unfortunately I have yet to be quick enough with my camera to get a picture of the elk on the few occasions when we have seen them.